Register To #GoDark
Register now! As a 2016 Dine in the Dark Restaurant you will
- Be featured on dineinthedark.ie
- Receive official Dine in the Dark Customer Packs containing; eye masks, aprons, information on sight loss
- Be included in the multimedia campaign set to reach one million people
- Receive a Dine in the Dark Marketing Pack which contains; social media campaign plam, press release, information and promotional poster
- Discount on wine for your Dine in the Dark evening
- Be entered in a draw to go on a Wine Tour with Classic Drinks in 2017
- Have use the Dine in the Dark logo on your website
In return, we are asking all participating restaurants to
- Provide a set blind menu on the evening
- Add a five euro surcharge to the price of your set menu which will be donated to NCBI under our partnership with the RAI.
On the Night Dining in the Dark
Time to #GoDark!
- Place your official Diner Packs on the table before guests arrive
- When guests are seated ask them to put on their Blind Fold and Apron(apron is optional)
- Before you serve your 2 Course Set Blind Menu we recommend asking guests if they have any dietary requirements or food allergies.
This is the perfect opportunity to grab some sneaky promotional shots to promote your restaurant, we’re hoping to #BreaktheInternet from the 6th to the 13th of November. Guests will experience the meal with heightened senses and lively discussions, we’ve had people mistake chicken for fish in the past and yes we tweeted about it @DineintheDarkIE
So much of how we experience food is visual, if possible we recommend showing your guests what their meal looked like after they come back into the light! This will spark further discussion and gain some much deserved PR for your restaurant!
After the week long celebration we will be in touch with each restaurant to arrange your donation to the National Council for the Blind of Ireland.